Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking a Digital Communications Coordinator. In collaboration with media relations and social media managers, the Coordinator is responsible for managing the intranet and external MHS websites. This position entails extensive writing, digital graphic design, media relations, and technical support. Close collaboration within the Communications Department and the Milton Hershey School community is an essential component of the role to ensure a pro-active and high quality MHS presence across all communications platforms utilized by MHS.
- Managing intranet home pages, external web pages, and micro-sites on a daily basis.
- Designing and producing print and digital content to be shared on all communications platforms.
- Designing and implementing e-blast campaigns and other similar outreach.
- Utilizing on-line resources and managing vendor relationships to maintain web accessibility on all digital platforms.
- Providing web expertise to other areas outside of Communications.
- Maintaining MHS’s digital asset management system.
- Providing proofreading expertise.
- Providing software and hardware technical support within the Communications team.
- Coordinating information distribution (services bureaus, etc).
- Assisting with media pitching, awards submissions, and other pro-active strategies to build brand awareness.
- Providing support to the team as needed for various needs including special projects and events.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Communications or related field..
- At least 3 years of experience providing web and social media content and support within an organization.
- Requires Macintosh computer proficiency.
- Proficiency in word processing, desktop publishing, web-based design software such as Photoshop, spreadsheets, database management, Powerpoint, etc. is required.
- Google Analytics and WordPress proficiency are essential.
- Proficient in troubleshooting software and hardware.
- Exceptional writing and proofreading skills.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered role models for MHS students.
- Must be willing to engage with student activities as all MHS staff contribute to student success.
CLICK HERE to apply