Web Designer/Front End Developer who has a background, training or experience in Interactive Design, Graphic Design or Design related field and can apply that knowledge in creating logos, icons, website designs, layouts and mockups with the ability to convert those into a functional website or mobile app. This position will provide consulting and guidance on User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) across all web and mobile based applications with the best interest of our users in mind. Administration of our CMS and development of web forms using various tools. Ability to learn new technologies and apply those to applications using best practices and consistent methods of development to ensure optimum efficiency and security.
Starting salary is $54,690 annually, with comprehensive benefit plan.
Bachelors or Masters in Design or Computer Science related major
Associates degree in Design or Computer Science related major and 2 years working experience, includes at least 1 year of web experience
4 years working experience in an IT related position, includes at least 1 year of web experience
Knowledge & Abilities
- Design oriented, graphically competent and able to use Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Understands UI and UX Design and applies standards and best practices to their work
- Knowledge of modern design principles and trends (responsive design)
- Experience creating website logos, icons, designs, layouts and mockups
- Demonstrated and effective organizational, problem-solving, customer service, written/verbal and interpersonal skills
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to work independently and in coordination with others
- Ability to present and train users, effective communication
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to diversity and equity
- Successful interview and three background checks: Criminal Background Check (Act 34); Child Abuse
- History Clearance (Act 151); and FBI Federal Criminal History-Fingerprinting (Act 114).
- CMS Content Management System Experience (Cascade Server, WordPress)
- Experience developing Mobile Apps for iOS and Android
- XML and JSON
- Unix/Linux basics
- SQL – MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Experience in higher education environment
Full Consideration Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please complete a staff application and upload a resume and cover letter. You will also be required to provide names and contact information for three current professional references.