Looking for a challenging, paid internship at one of the top full-service public relations and public affairs firms in Harrisburg? La Torre Communications is seeking a part-time intern to work approximately 20 hours a week during the 2018 spring semester.
Internship responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting press releases;
- Writing op-eds and letters to the editor;
- Pitching stories to the press;
- Writing and managing social media;
- Staffing media events;
- Compiling media reports; and
- Creating media kits.
The ideal candidate will be a college junior or senior with the following qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Familiar with media relations;
- Articulate and well-organized;
- Knowledge of AP Style;
- Ability to meet deadlines; and
- Self-directed problem solver.
Interns must be highly motivated. If you’re looking for an internship that will challenge you, apply now! Journalism, public relations, communications, political science and similar majors are encouraged to apply.
Please, no phone calls. Send a cover letter, resume and one to two writing samples to Jill Helsel Gingrich at firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline to apply is Oct. 20, 2017.