Vickie’s Angel Foundation
New Cumberland, PA
Foundation’s Mission: Provide temporary financial support to families being affected by cancer.
Job Type: Part time(25 hours/week)
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience; salary range $15-$20/hour
Qualifications: Bachelors degree preferred, 3-5 years experience in communications, preferably at a non-profit charity
- Expert verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Creative thinker who actively seeks opportunities, thinks outside the box, and proposes new solutions.
- Advanced computer skills including email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and programs relevant to internal and external communications.
- Website management
Description of duties:
- Create all print communications including foundation brochures, media releases, annual report, sponsorship collateral, internal/external newsletters, fundraising appeals.
- Manage all website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube content.
- Provide messaging to freelance grant writer.
- Capture stories from families served by the foundation to use in fundraising appeals.
*Compose speaking outlines for staff/volunteers to use when representing the foundation.
- Ensure representation at all public events benefiting the foundation.
- Coordinate signage to be used at the foundation and public events(banners, posters and other miscellaneous printed materials).
- Write and manage the issuance of press releases and newspaper articles.
- Manage the live radio broadcast from the annual walk fundraiser.
- Manage all interviews conducted with the media.
- Some office management responsibilities: serve as post office liaison, coordinating incoming/outgoing mail; coordinate contracts with outside agencies, such as Content Central, Mozy, Classy, and Squarespace; ensure confidentiality forms are signed and filed.
- Manage the documentation of office procedures and job descriptions.
If interested in applying for this position, send your resume and cover letter to:
Vickie’s Angel Foundation, 511 Bridge St., New Cumberland, PA 17070
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Communications: 3 years (Preferred)