So, what’s new with the old?
Every day 10,000 Americans turn 65 years old—a group growing at a faster rate than the total U.S. population and is expected to increase to 55 million by 2020. Plus, the number of 85+ year olds who often require additional caregiving and support will double by 2050. Where will they live? Who will care for them?
It’s quite the groundswell and thus a great time to be in the senior living industry. The internet is the #1 source for exploring senior care and living options as well as employment. What better industry to make remarkable strides with varied audiences creatively and effectively? And what better private, family-owned company who is not driven by shareholders, but by doing what’s right and expects and backs innovative thought-leadership and creative solutions?
With us, you will:
- Directly drive digital change in a digital-primed industry.
- Work among and lead company decision-makers.
- Help change perceptions (and then some) of wary seniors and job candidates.
- Thrive in collaborating with multiple disciplines with different communication needs.
- Never have the same day twice (hooray!).
- (Finally) Achieve work-life balance.
- Stay curious and keep learning. Every day.
One company. Many opportunities. Read on.
The Digital Communications Manager is responsible for driving a vibrant, on-brand presence that engages both prospective and internal customers (residents and co-workers) through online content development and integration strategy across a wide scope of digital platforms including social media, company app(s), search and other online marketing outreach for optimal impact.
This role is responsible for creating, writing and editing tailored multimedia content creation, customer communications and app posts built to increase Country Meadow Retirement Communities and Ecumenical Retirement Community’s brand value among target audiences as well as increase online engagement and qualified leads for employment and residency.
The Digital Communications Manager works in the Communications department and will be the liaison with several departments to collaborate and apply our brand voice and standard to communications. The Manager will own the digital communications strategy and optimize it to align with changing business needs and customer behavior and preferences across various geographic regions and emerging best practices.
- Manages and optimizes the social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube Channel). Management includes team planning, calendar development and maintenance, execution, tracking and analysis. Expands the social media program to new channels as appropriate.
- Works in collaboration with Communications, Sales, HR and Operations departments to create on-brand and relevant digital assets (copy, images, video, infographics, etc.).
- Writes, develops and re-purposes content and visual elements across all related digital platforms, selecting the most effective communications medium to achieve organizational goals.
- Grows our subscriber base by providing audience with regular, helpful and engaging content that’s of value to them.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director of Communications to locate and respond to all online reviews, posts and comments with urgency and on-brand voice.
- Captures stories and events through multiple channels including real-time feeds (such as Facebook live streams and YouTube videos) with co-workers at the home office and campus level; promotes the events internally and externally; provides analysis of engagement and makes recommendations for future communication based on that activity. Periodically travels to attend weekend and evening events.
- Collaborates with the Communications team to concept and script videos as well as solicit and direct content from the field to be used for achieving marketing goals for prospective residents and Talent Development goals for prospective and current co-workers.
- Provides regular analytics reports and recommendations.
- Stays current on emerging social media trends and educates our management team.
- Creates user-centered communications (including written communications, graphic design, and video) that provide connection and clarity for our geographically dispersed staff of more than 2,800.
- Ensures all communications and resources both adhere to the brand standards and equip staff to be informed, invested and inspired in their work.
- Collects, reports, archives and analyzes effectiveness and usage data to assess current efforts and drive future topics and tactics. Analyzes content for consistency, accuracy, adherence to style and brand standards, and user experience implications.
SEO & SEM
- Identifies current assets and gaps, establishes a governance strategy and creates topical recommendations for all company websites, article outlines and/or optimized content to capitalize on content opportunities identified by performing keyword research, ad testing, competitor analysis, content mapping and other types of content analysis.
- Partners with our digital agencies and VP of Communications to optimize content placement (including offsite SEO real estate like directories and review sites), keyword priorities, ad development and testing, link-building tactics, tagging and overall SEO and SEM strategies and metrics for digital content and guides day-to-day activity to ensure we are meeting overall objectives and altering our strategy to address customer behavior and company goals.
- Works closely with senior leaders, Marketing, HR and other departments to create effective communications strategies that articulate our message properly and consistently and provides guidance and insights to HR and Marketing teams.
- Measures the success and ROI of SEO and SEM campaigns and optimizes approaches based on analysis and recommendations.
Stays current on digital marketing best practices and techniques for creating effective and engaging web content.
- Extensive experience developing, managing and analyzing digital campaigns on a broad scope of social media platforms, SEM, SEO, marketing automation, reputation management and digital media.
- Experience in developing and promoting digital content including live feeds, video projects (script writing and production oversight) and other SEO-rich web content.
- Strategic, proactive and creative thinker—always focusing on innovative and measurable solutions.
- Comfortable working with change in workflow in a fast-paced environment and nimble in making the necessary adjustments per customer behavior and business and communications goals.
- Ability to manage and relate to outside consultants.
- Collaborative partner who demonstrates empathy and actively works with others to solve problems.
- Excellent grammar, writing, copy-editing and communication skills, including the ability to adapt writing style to appeal to different audiences.
- Versatile research skills and enthusiasm for learning about new topics with a growth mindset.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to self-direct and manage multiple projects on time and on brand.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years related professional experience in social media and content marketing and digital marketing for an organization. Agency or Corporate Marcom experience is preferred.
- Preference will be given to individuals with previous communications experience in healthcare and business-to-consumer digital marketing.
- Reports to the Vice President of Communications and Advertising.