At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming leverages the power of digital, social, and strategic communications to produce campaigns that reach our clients and advance our global brand. We are seeking an energetic, self-starting Digital Communications Manager to join our dynamic corporate communications team in Camp Hill, PA. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, energetic, and experienced professional to work in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team on corporate storytelling. He/She will be responsible for leveraging digital and social media that helps reach our clients and advance our global brand and will also support the strategic communications functions of the firm.
Principal Responsibilities and essential functions
- Develop and execute integrated communications programs that support a Business Line’s Strategic Action Plan and promote the Business Line’s projects, leaders, vision, and brand, both internally and externally.
- Responsible for corporate social media content as well as management of three employees dedicated to providing social media support.
- Develop strategies and manage the firm’s social media marketing and promotional tactics and certain digital communications platforms.
- Develop high-quality written materials, including social media content, press releases, pitch letters, background materials, and planning documents.
- Review/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject the Business Line into current news cycles and drive our news agenda among traditional and digital media. Manage and implement tactics and strategies for greater reach and engagement of social media and social promotion.
- Coordinate article placements in the press, manage media inquiries, identify opportunities for press releases, media alerts, and thought leadership promotion.
- Serve as the day-to-day contact for internal clients, and work with integrated teams to provide seamless multi-channel communication solutions to deliver maximum performance and results.
- Evaluate emerging technologies, proprietary algorithms, and digital comm. platforms.
- Negotiate contracts for specified third-party digital communications platforms and manage vendor relationships, consulting with the firm’s legal department when applicable.
- Utilize social media monitoring tools to identify trends, establish future key messages, gather insights, and provide value to internal clients.
- Optimize digital communications in type, tone, frequency, and topic, as well as improve community growth and engagement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, corporate communications, English, related field.
- 10+ years of experience in corporate communications, with a deep background in corporate storytelling, media relations, social media, and strategic corporate communications programs.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with internal clients on day-to-day activities.
- Experience running successful PR programs, including working with trade and national media and bloggers. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to lead and influence broad, cross-functional teams.
- Experience gathering information in a large organization on a variety of topics. Ability to deliver connective insights to assist internal clients in driving alignment with and execution of cross-company initiatives.
- Ability to engage offline and online audiences and tell complex stories in an easily digestible manner.
- Superior writing skills, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such as communications plans, social media campaigns, position papers, fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles, trend analysis summaries, executive correspondence, and presentations. Must be fluent in AP Style and able to write clearly and succinctly with zero defects, using proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- High proficiency in recognizing and applying global and regional social, economic, and policy trends that may impact the firm.
- Energetic, self-starter able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a high attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- A consummate team player who brings a positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office 365 programs; Word, Excel, OneDrive, SharePoint and PowerPoint proficiency required. A strong understanding of digital communications and social media.
- Willingness to travel to industry events and professional conferences.