FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Holly White – 717-224-6995, firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Relations Society of Central Pennsylvania Announces
27 Award-Winning Projects of the Year
HARRISBURG, Pa. (November 16, 2021) — The Central Pennsylvania Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (Central PA PRSA) today announced 27 award-winning projects with a record-number award submissions to date.
“The Central PA PRSA Keystone Awards welcomes communications professionals to celebrate and share the creative campaigns, best practices and outcomes from campaign successes that emerged from 2020,” said Holly White, President and Awards Lead of Central PA PRSA. “This year’s theme for the awards program was to “emerge” – and that is exactly what these organizations did. We are so proud of our record-breaking number of award submissions this year and the number of professionals who continue to challenge themselves by entering the competition and build their expertise in the profession.”
Professionals can enter one or more awards into 22 categories for this awards program. Volunteers from the Southern Arizona chapter of PRSA judged the entries and considered research, planning, execution, and results of each project in their scoring out of 100 points.
The awards include two levels of recognition:
- Keystone Awards recognize outstanding achievements in public relations, marked by excellent results, thorough planning, game-changing ideas and creativity.
- Silver Keystone Awards demonstrated excellent planning and outcomes.
This year’s top projects — receiving either a Keystone Award or a Silver Keystone Award from Central PA PRSA — included efforts to educate residents on COVID-19 vaccination efforts, boost employee morale, spread awareness for organ donation, launch a podcast, showcase brand unity and a cohesive brand presence among many other project concepts.
2021 Keystone Award Winners are:
- The Deeter Gallaher Group on behalf of their client, Strategic Consulting Partners: “Strategic Consulting Partners PR and Social Media Program” in the overall public relations program category
- Highmark and Penn State Health: “Bringing World-Class Community-Based Care to Central PA” in the overall public relations program category
- Lucy Gnazzo Promotion Strategies and Nell McCormack Abom Communications on behalf of their client, Harrisburg Academy: “Harrisburg Academy Learn Boldly” in the overall public relations program category
- and Nell McCormack Abom Communications on behalf of their client, Pennsylvania Dairymen’s Association: “Cowabunga Milkshakes On The Moove” in the overall public relations program category
- United Concordia Dental: “Employee Morale Boosting Campaign” in the internal communications category
- Gannett Fleming, Inc.: “GNN Spark” in the internal communications category
- Deeter Gallaher Group LLC and Universal Media, Inc “Grit & Gravitas Podcast” in the digital public relations category
- Gannett Fleming, Inc.: “2020 Holiday Message” in the video communication category
- Millersville University students: “Impact Public Relations- A student run agency” in the student project category
- York College of Pennsylvania students on behalf of their client, Appell Center for the Performing Arts: “Tuned into York / Campaign for Give Local York” in the student project category
- Susquehanna University PRSSA Chapter: “Operation Organ Donor” in the student project category
- PRworks on behalf of their client, Voce: “Voce Branding” in the corporate branding category
- Willow Valley Communities: “Willow Magazine” in the magazine or periodicals category
- PRworks on behalf of their client, The Hand That Holds The Quill – Play: “The Hand That Holds The Quill Media Relations” in the media relations/media placement category
- Goodwill Keystone Area: “Record-Breaking Auction Bid” in the media relations/media placement category
2021 Silver Keystone Award Winners are:
- Ardis Communications on behalf of their client, Vickie’s Angel Foundation: “VAF Fundraising Appeal” in the written communications piece category
- Geisinger: “COVID Vaccination” in the overall public relations program category
- Geisinger: “ConnectedCare 365” in the news release/public service announcement category
- Geisinger: “AEP” in the news release/public service announcement category
- The GIANT Company: “Riverwalk Grand Opening” in the special events and observances category
- The GIANT Company: “Ten Thousand Turkeys” in the community relations category
- The GIANT Company: “Guac Off” in the community relations category
- Millersville University students on behalf of their client, Library System of Lancaster County: “BookmarkIt! Public Library eResources Within Lancaster County” in the student project category
- PRworks on behalf of their client, BJE: “BJE Poultry Newsletter” in the newsletter category
- Geisinger: “Healthplex Centerpoint” in the media relations/media placement category
- Apollo Communications on behalf of their client, Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health: “Vaccinate Lancaster” in the marketing communications program category
This year’s award ceremony and luncheon was held on November 16 at the National Civil War Museum in Harrisburg. Dr. Amber M. Sessoms gave the keynote address and Andrew Shaw, managing director at Granite Creative Group, served as the event’s emcee.
About PRSA: The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is the nation’s largest professional organization serving the communications community with a mission to “make communications professionals smarter, better prepared and more connected through all stages of their career.” Membership collectively represents more than 30,000 members comprised of communications professionals spanning every industry sector nationwide and college and university students who encompass the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA). For more information, visit www.prsa.org.
About Central PA PRSA: The chapter was formed in 1959 and is one of the oldest chapters in the country. Its membership represents a diverse group of professionals at all stages of their careers, including practitioners in corporate, government, nonprofit, education, health care, and association industries with a common desire for professional public relations practice and to continue education and the advancement of the profession. For more information, visit www.prsacp.org.