Announcing the 2024 Board of Directors Slate
The Central PA PRSA Board of Directors is comprised solely of professional volunteers who make a year-long commitment to serve their colleagues and the Central Pennsylvania public relations community. While this can be a time-consuming commitment, it is also tremendously rewarding (and fun!).
We are proposing the following slate for the 2024 Central PA PRSA Board of Directors. These professionals will be voted on during the joint social with the Pennsylvania Public Relations Society (PPRS) and Central PA PRSA on Dec. 6. You can register here today if you are interested in attending. And, we encourage you to attend the upcoming awards luncheon on Nov. 14 to meet chapter members and leadership and ask any questions you may have. RSVPs for the awards luncheon are due this Thursday, Nov. 9.
We have four openings on the leadership committee:
- Awards lead
- Sponsorship lead
If you are interested in getting more involved and supporting our chapter through one of these leadership volunteer opportunities, please email chapteradministrator@PRSACP.org to learn more.
To all of those who have volunteered to lead our chapter, we greatly appreciate your continued support and leadership for our chapter and in the profession.
- President: Maggi Barton – Media Relations Manager, WellSpan Health
- President-Elect: Kelly Kostanesky – Founder, KMMK Communications
- Secretary: Position open
- Treasurer: Joel Huffer – Corporate Communications Officer, F&M Trust
- Past President: Thomas P. Boyle, Ph.D., APR – Professor of Communication, Millersville University
Representatives and Delegates
- Director: Leslie Amorós, APR – Senior Communications Consultant, Point of Care Partners
- Director: Dwendy Johnson – Community Relations Supervisor, Gift of Life Donor Program
- Director: Position open
- Leadership Assembly Delegate One: Liz Smith, APR, MBA – Professor and Lead Facilitator of Communications
- Leadership Assembly Delegate Two: Kelly Kostanesky – Founder, KMMK Communications
- Mid-Atlantic District Representative: Leslie Amorós, APR – Senior Communications Consultant, Point of Care Partners
Committee Chairs and Technical Leads
- Chapter Ethics Officer: William Swanger, III, APR, Fellow PRSA – Independent Practitioner/Adjunct Faculty, Susquehanna University/Penn State University
- Communications Lead: Molly McGowan, APR – Media Services at Phoenix Contact
- Programming Lead: Dwendy Johnson – Community Relations Supervisor, Gift of Life Donor Program
- Diversity and Inclusion Lead: Leslie Amorós, APR – Senior Communications Consultant, Point of Care Partners
- APR Co-Leads:
- Bob Saline, APR, Fellow PRSA – Retired
- Jason Kirsch, APR – Partner and Senior Counselor, PRworks
- Social Media Co-Leads:
- Patrick M. Early, APR – Retired
- Loren Troxell – Communications Specialist at Shipley
- Student Chapter Lead: Thomas P. Boyle, Ph.D., APR – Professor of Communication, Millersville University
- Membership Lead: Leslie Amorós, APR – Senior Communications Consultant, Point of Care Partners
- Awards Lead: Position open
- Sponsorship Lead: Position open
- Public Service Lead: Carly Simpson – Public Affairs Specialist, American College of Radiology
We would also love to hear from any PRSA members interested in getting more involved by participating in our various committees such as our awards program committee and our event programming committee. If you are interested in joining the 2024 PRSA Board, please email chapteradministrator@PRSACP.org.
Again, the 2023 Board will review the above slate and any additional candidates before putting the slate to a final vote at our winter social on December 6 from 6 – 8 p.m. All members are eligible to participate in this meeting and vote on the 2024 slate at the upcoming joint social.